Pork & Plum Stew
This is just one of my many recipes from Sweden. I made this with my best friend's sister, Elin while visiting in 2012. Since then it has become the first thing I crave when the weather gets cold, it is so super easy to make. Don't let the Plums scare you away. They are delicious!
The amounts are translated over from Swedish so they are a little odd. Just use whatever is close!
2lbs. Yukon Gold potatoes
1 yellow onion
1.3lbs Pork loin
1 Tbsp Butter
7oz Beef stock (2 cubes of beef bouillon & almost a full cup of boiling water)
1 cup cooking cream (we don't have cooking cream in the U.S. so I use Mexican Table Cream, find it by the Mexican cheeses, it comes in a jar)
3oz of plums (about 6 or 7)
2 bay leafs
1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
1 red apple
1. Peel and cut onion into large pedals. Brown onions with butter in a dutch oven or other deep pot.
2. Cut pork into large bite size pieces and add to pot.
3. Once pork is cooked add your beef stock & cooking cream, stir to combine.
4. Add bay leafs, soy sauce & apple.
4. Cook until sauce has thickened into a strew. salt & pepper to taste.